Aeronautical Telecommunication Engineering Services
Aeronautical Telecommunication Engineering Services Division ensures:
- Effective planning, implementation and maintenance of CNS facilities;
- Achieve and sustain equipment availability and serviceability while assuring reliability and integrity as per ICAO requirements.
The Directorate is responsible for planning, development, implementation and maintenance of appropriate CNS/ATM facilities in line with global ICAO CNS/ATM Plan, AFI Air Navigation Plan, and domestic requirements.
Also part of its core functions is the reception and transmission of Aeronautical Information. Some of the facilities provided are:
- Communication Radios (VHF and HF);
- Navigation Aids (NAVAIDS) (ILS, VOR, DME, NDB and VDF);
- Information switching and Display equipment.