Airport Rescue and Firefighting
Airport Rescue and Firefighting is a section within the Operations Division.The principal objective of Rescue and Fire Fighting Service is to save lives in the event of aircraft accident or incident. In addition it lenders humanitarian aid in time of the need.
Fire and Rescue responsibilities include the following functions:
- Management of fire units at the airports;
- Provision of search and rescue services in times of need;
- Ensuring that operational standards and technical efficiency are maintained in line with the ICAO requirements;
- Planning and implementing theory and practical training procedures;
- Planning and implementing proficiency trade tests on fire engines;
- Gathering all technical problems of Rescue and Firefighting Services from all stations (airports);
- Coordinating rescue operations in emergencies and national disaster with the concerned organisations;
- Coordinating fire and rescue operations at the airport.