Personnel Licensing (PEL) is a section within the Regulatory Division. The Personnel Licensing Section is under obligation for the oversight of ICAO Annex 1 Standard and Recommended Practices (SARPS) requirements.
The Five Functions of PEL are:
PEL responsibilities include the following functions:
- Licensing of Pilots, Flight Engineer , Flight Operations Officers(Dispatchers) ,Cabin Crew, Aircraft Maintenance Engineer and Air Traffic Controllers;
- Examination of Airmen;
- Approval of Training Organization;
- Development and amendment of regulations, rules and procedures for licensing and training;
- Enforcing the laws and regulations;
- Oversight Function on Licensed airmen, Designated personnel and certificated entities.