School of Aviation
The Malawi School of Aviation under Department of Civil Aviation was instituted solely to address the needs and deficiencies of the Department of Civil Aviation in the areas of Air Traffic Management, Aeronautical Telecommunications Engineering and Airport Fire and Rescue Services.
Malawi School of Aviation under the Department Civil Aviation is located at Kamuzu International Airport. The institution is mandated to provide in-house professional training in the field of Air Traffic Control, Aeronautical Information Management, Aeronautical Telecommunications Engineering and Airport Firefighting and Rescue Services thereby addressing the needs and deficiencies existing in airport operations. Furthermore it provides other courses that are demand driven by the Air Transport Industry and by various stakeholders with the purpose of complimenting the Department of Civil Aviation goals and objectives in which the priority is safety and security.
The institute is centred on the following core values in order to achieve its goals and objectives;
- Team work
- Continuous improvement
- Creativity and Courtesy
The Malawi School of Aviation has well qualified, experienced and professional staff that are fully involved in the delivery of the training courses in the areas of Air Traffic Management, Aeronautical Telecommunications Engineering, Airport Firefighting and Rescue Services and Aeronautical Information Management. The team is also capable of delivering other related course in the Air Transport Industry which are required by the various stakeholders.
The Institute is equipped with the modern Air Traffic Control simulator and Aeronautical Engineering laboratory where the trainees undergo practical work before they are deployed in airport operations. A modern Computer Based Training laboratory is used as student self-study tool and conducting IT computer courses for the school lecturers and trainees. The CBT can also serve as examining tool for trainees.
The institutes conducts the following courses;
- Air Traffic Control ICAO courses 051, 052, 053 and 055
- Aeronautical Engineering Telecommunications Engineering (induction course, test equipment, solid state application, navigational aids, communications maintenance, transmitters and receivers, surveillance and security equipment)
- Airport Firefighting and Rescue Services courses ICAO 112 (Basic Firemanship, Fire Officers course, Breathing Apparatus and First Aid courses)
- Aeronautical Information Management ICAO Course 021
- Student Pilots License and Private Pilots License ground school courses.
Malawi School of Aviation,
Private Bag 56,
Telephone: +265(1) 700204
Fax: +265(1) 700209